There is nothing worse than not having the right tool for the job, but at the same time you don’t want to be carrying around ten tons of tools to every job that you go to. That’s why we have put together our list of essential tools that every plumber should carry with them, which includes the items listed below:
- Adjustable spanner – Easy to set the width and completely essential for turning nuts, bolts and fastenings.
- Tube cutters – You really can’t be a plumber without the ability to cut pipes and tubes.
- Slip joint pliers – Fantastic for gripping and holding jobs these pliers are extremely versatile so will really add benefit to your tool kit.
- Pipe bender – By far the easiest way to bend pipework and achieve a neat professional look.
- Blowlamp and gas – Vital for soldering and fixing pipework to ensure a watertight finish.
- Plunger – An iconic tool that every plumber should have at hand!
- Radiator key – It sounds simple but these come in very handy and you can almost guarantee that the home owner will have no idea where theirs is.
- Drain rods – If you don’t fancy pushing you arm down a murky drain or U bend – then this is the tool for you.
- Stubby screwdriver – Every plumber needs a screwdriver, and you can guarantee there will be at least one screw in a ridiculous tight space.
- Hacksaw – A good hacksaw is essential for cutting as well as being light and versatile.
- Cordless drill – Drill holes for screws quickly, easily and with precision.
So, that concludes our list of essential tools that every plumber should have in their tool kit, the majority of which are included within our RBA9PL plumbing tool kit, which you can add to your order today.