When it comes to tools it is essential that you go for quality over cost. Why? Well, low cost tools are also low in quality, therefore they may only last for a few uses before they break on you and, let’s be honest, that is never a good look whilst your halfway through completing a job. Instead, you should look to invest your hard earned money into buying high quality, durable tools that you will be able to pass down onto your children, and that is where Red Box Tools specialises in. The BAHCO tools that we sell on our website and in-store are durable, high in quality and come with a lifetime warranty. What more could you ask for?
Here is our list of essential tools for your toolbox:
- Screwdrivers – Where would we be without a screwdriver? It is perhaps the most essential tool for any tradesperson or DIY enthusiast and, of course, there are two types available; the flathead and the Phillips screwdrivers, with the latter now being more commonly used as Phillips screws are now largely replacing flathead screws. We recommend that you own both types of screwdrivers in a variety of sizes.
- Tape Measure – No matter what job you are working on, there is a high chance that a tape measure will be required at some point, so this is another essential item for your toolbox. Kids love them too, so that’s one way to get some peace and quiet for a short period of time!
- Needle Nose Pliers – If you need a tool to cut, bend, grip or strip wire then needle nose pliers are what you need. Also, due to their shape, they are also perfect for reaching into small cavities.
- Vise Grip Pliers – Unlike their smaller brother, mentioned above, vise grip pliers are more bulky but are more flexible, as they can be used to carry out a range of jobs that other tools would usually be required for. In fact, these pliers can be used as pliers (obviously), a pipe wrench, an adjustable wrench, wire cutters, a clamp and more. Another essential tool for your tool box.
- Crescent Wrench – One of the most frequently used tools within any tool box is the crescent wrench thanks to it being a huge multitasker. In short, one crescent wrench is like having 50 wrenches and this brilliant tool is also adjustable, which enables the user to change its width allowing them to use the same tool on a large variety of different sized nuts and bolts.
- Spirit Level – Without these bad boys there would be an awful lot of wonky shelves across our homes! The spirit level enables the user to ensure that the pictures, shelves or anything else for that matter is absolutely level at the first time of asking. There are now many other versions of available these days, from laser levels to mobile phone apps, but there’s still nothing like getting the bubble dead centre and achieving that desired straight line!
Depending on what tasks you carry out on a day-to-day basis, there may be some other tools that you deem to be essential, including utility knives, saws, cordless drills, socket wrenches and more. In fact, there are so many vital tools for various tasks, which is why our predesigned tool boxes are so popular with our customers.